Saturday, August 4, 2012

Montmartre

Thursday we went to Montmatre, which is an artsy neighborhood in Paris.

On the way there on the metro, we heard an amazing violinist. I also saw this bizarre tall bicycle.


Non sequitur: Other tall skinny things around the house. The fridge almost reaches the ceiling


This teapot makes me laugh everytime I see it on the stove


In the streets of Montmatre, my cousin got a portrait done by one of the street artists. She seems displeased


There were a lot of interesting stores like le petit musee du chocolat

Chocolate Eiffel Tower!


For Neel


A rainbow of macaroons


Chocolate shoes...what more could a girl ask for?


and a store full of paintings


my fav


pinkkk


Montmatre is where the Sacre Coeur is, one of Paris’s most famous churches. The view was tres magnifique, with the clear blue sky in the background and the turquoise carousel in front of it. I think I liked this one better than the Notre Dame...Remember to enlarge the pictures!


Is this real life?


Sigh imagine sunbathing here on the weekends


Moi!


On the steps


The view


zoomed in on some weird graffiti


Afterwards we went to the smaller Chinatown (there are two in Paris) and got food. It was delicious!!

My excited cousin and her food


Damn...I should have ordered this


And finally, these are the shoes that I bought from today's trip!

My 16 year old cousin assures me these heels are very Parisian


The latest fad in Paris that has not yet made its way overseas...high heeled sneakers! I am obsessed with them

2 comments:

  1. ay guh i lyk doze shoez

    ReplyDelete
  2. just came by to say i love you. that is all. goodnight.

    ReplyDelete