Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sushi and Sightseeing

On Friday, my cousins invited me to get Japanese food with them. The buffet was only 11,90 euros! When I commented that seafood buffets are much more expensive in the US, my cousins were quick to say "It's because the French only take what they can eat." This led to a discussion of American stereotypes vs. French stereotypes. I told them some people think the French are snooty and smelly. And they say people in France think Americans are fat and eat hot dogs all day. What other stereotypes are there? HMMM? (Dora the Explorer stare)

I guess the waitress thought we ordered too much because she told us if we don't finish everything, we would have to pay extra. She also addressed us by the impolite version of you "tu" and didn't give us water! My American self was extremely offended by this poor customer service, but alas the sushi was good. At Japanese restaurants here they also serve a lot of skewered meat, which was AMAZING. The most popular is beef with cheese. Here was our platter


After that, my family took me sightseeing...by car! First time I've ever done that. I played around with the filters on my camera for some of the pictures and voila, here they are!


I love this old film filter





Les Invalides, where the military history of France is celebrated (aka Napoleon)



My uncle pointing to the tunnel where Princess Diana died


On the happy note...bonne nuit!

4 comments: